What is a copyright violation?
The distribution of unauthorized copies of copyrighted television programs constitutes copyright infringement under the Copyright Act, Title 17 United States Code Section 106(3).Â This conduct may also violate the laws of other countries, international law, and/or treaty obligations.
Through the use of the internet pirating copyrighted material can be passed from one person to another, the decision to share copyrighted material or receive it…is unlawful and a direct violation of our company’s Acceptable Use Policy.
What happens if someone misuses my internet connection to do something illegal?
It is the responsibility of the internet service account holder to monitor the usage of the internet service in your home. There are some standard rule of thumb steps to take to ensure that others are not taking advantage and making poor choices that you will be held liable for.
- Password protect your router. It is a good idea to change this password annually. Share your password only with those whom you to trust.
- Spread the word to those utilizing your internet service that illegal downloads and illegal activity will not be tolerated.
- Many services are available for a subscription fee, which allow the authorized streaming of desired programming; Netflix, Hulu and many more.
Pine Telephone’s copyright violation policy is as follows: Acceptable Use Policy
If we receive notification that a copyright violation has taken place on your network:
- Contact you via certified letter, with that date and time stamp of the violation. Insisting that you remove the pirated material from all devices and also remove the program used to obtain the material.
- Respond to the copyright holder advising them of our actions, hoping that our your attention and our response to the violation will satisfy them of the copyright violation penalties.
- Notify both you and the copyright holder that a third violation will result in the PERMANENT DISCONNECTION OF YOUR ORTELCO.NET INTERNET.
More information and resources:
Visit Take Down for step-by-step instructions to ensure that your Internet wireless router cannot be used by outsiders to illegally download or upload movies, TV shows or games.
Visit Where to watch to find where you can access movie or TV shows legally across multiple platforms.
Visit Creative Future to find out more about how the illegal distribution of copyrighted movies and TV shows damages our economy and costs American jobs.
We appreciate your understanding of the severity of copyright violations. Thank you.